PHIL Major and Minor Advisor
- Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 34C
- Phone: 805-756-2064
- Email: email@example.com
- Personal Web Page: www.calpoly.edu/~jlynch
- Ph.D., Philosophy, The Claremont Graduate School (1992)
- M.A., Religion, The Claremont Graduate School
- B.A., Virginia Commonwealth University
- Philosophy of mind
- Philosophy of religion
- PHIL 422: Philosophy of Mind
- PHIL 342: Philosophy of Religion
- PHIL 320: Asian Philosophy
- RELS 307: Buddhism
- PHIL 231: Philosophical Classics - Ethics & Political Philosophy
Review of Michael Murray’s Nature: Red in Tooth & Claw for Faith and Philosophy 29 No. 4, October 2012.
Review of Animals as Biotechnology by Michael Twine in Journal of Animal Ethics 2, 2, Fall 2012.
“Buddhism, Daoism, and Dudeism” in The Big Lebowski and Philosophy (ed. Peter S. Fosi), Wiley-Blackwell. 2012.
Confessions of a Tattooed Philosopher” in I Ink Therefore I Am: Philosophy and Tattoos (ed. Robert Arp), Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
“Suffering, Spirituality, and Sensuality: Religion and the Blues,” in The Blues and Philosophy, (ed. Abrol Farweather and Jesse Steinburg.) Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
“God, Zombies, and Animals,” Agora 30, 2, Fall 2011.
“Plato Versus Shaolin Warriors on the Nature of the Self” in Beatings and Nothingness: Martial Arts and Philosophy (ed. Priest and Young) Open Court Press 2010.
Chief Editor: Between the Species
Chair of the Society for the Study of Philosophy and the Martial Arts